Houston, TX (BlackNews.com) — The Literary Breakthrough Conference, held Friday, May 21, 2010 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Houston, Texas in conjunction with the National Black Book Festival, gives authors unprecedented access to book industry professionals in three major fields: literary agents, publishers and marketers.
Sha-Shana Crichton, luncheon keynote speaker
At this all-day event, top book industry experts will share information and strategies on how authors can make their literary breakthrough and turn their existing or future book(s) into a bestseller.
The Conference features the following book industry experts:
* Audra Barrett, founder of Barrett Books
* Manie Barron, partner in The Menza Barron Agency
* Regina Brooks, founder and President of Serendipity Literary Agency
* Malaika Adero, Vice President and Senior Editor of Atria Books (Simon & Schuster)
* Joylynn Jossel-Ross, Senior Editor for Urban Book’s Christian fiction imprint
* Carol Mackey, Editor in Chief, Black Expressions Book Club
* Donna Hill, Best-selling author and packager of several highly successful novels
* Dante Lee, President and CEO of Diversity City Media
* Tyora Moody, founder of Tywebbin Creations, Internet book marketer and designer
* Pam Perry, founder of Ministry Marketing Solutions
The luncheon keynote speaker for the conference will be Sha-Shana Crichton, founder and president of Crichton & Associates, Inc. Ms. Crichton is also a licensed attorney and literary agent. The conference registration fee includes three powerful sessions, breakfast, lunch and a closing reception. The early registration price of $139.00 is payable in two installments, and is valid through January 31, 2010. After January 31st, the standard registration price is $179.00.
For more information or to register for the conference, visit the following web site: www.nationalblackbookfestival.com/breakthrough.htm or call the National Black Book Festival headquarters at 1-800-340-5454.